Colombian woman files complaint of sexual exploitation against Rajasthan man
Jodhpur: A Colombian woman, who had earlier accused a Rajasthan resident of duping her of USD 50,000, has now filed a complaint of sexual exploitation against him.
In her complaint, the Colombian national claimed that Dharm Raj, who runs a handicraft shop here, had established physical relations with her on the "false promise of marriage", police said.
"We have registered the complaint under section 376 (rape) of the IPC and have recorded her statement today. Now we would be taking her for medical examination on Friday," deputy commissioner of police (East) Rahul Jain said.
The fresh complaint was registered following a court order. The woman said she met Dharm Raj when she first visited Jodhpur as a tourist in November 2011.
Subsequently, they became friendly and kept contact even after she returned home in Colombia, police said.
The woman said that during her next visit to Jodhpur in March 2012 during Holi, Dharm Raj took her to his native place and "also pretended marrying me by offering `sindoor` and struck physical relationship with me in the name of marriage, which continued during our (subsequent) visit to New Delhi".
Earlier on May 8, the woman filed an FIR accusing Dharm Raj, his father Ganga Ram and a relative Sunil Bishnoi of duping her of USD 50,000.
She said Dharm Raj and his relatives convinced her to invest money on real estate business promising handsome returns. But when she demanded her money back they refused.
The deputy commissioner of police said they are looking into both complaints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic