Complainant tries to misbehave with Rajasthan CM
Jaipur: Annoyed over police`s alleged
negligence towards his complaint, a man tried to misbehave
with Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot at his official
residence in Jaipur on Monday.
The middle-aged man, Khemaram Meghwal, had gone to the
CM`s residence during a public hearing where he became unruly
and tried to manhandle the chief minister alleging negligence
and non-action by police towards his complaint, sources said.
However, the situation was immediately brought under
control by security personnel, they added.
"A man hailing from Nagaur came and tried to misbehave
with me during a public hearing, but security personnel
controlled the situation", Gehlot told reporters.
"I called him separately and asked about his complaint
which prompted him to act like this. He told me that a woman
relative had taken his daughter and wife to Jodhpur where his
daughter is being forced into prostitution. He said he
approached police several times but no action was initiated",
"I immediately asked officials that the matter be probed
by a separate police team not by local police station so as to
ensure proper action", Gehlot said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users