Complaint against Robert Vadra in Jaipur court
Jaipur: A lawyer on Thursday filed complaint in a local court seeking action against Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra for his reported comment `Mango man in Banana republic` on a social networking site.
The complaint in the court of Judicial Magistrate No 32 sought action against Vadra under section 121 (A) (sedition), 153 (A) (promoting enmity between different groups), 500 and 501 (defamation) of IPC.
Hearing in the matter is slated for October 18.
The lawyer, AC Upadhyay, alleged in his complaint that Vadra has insulted the Constitution and citizens of India with his comment.
He also produced clippings of newspapers as evidence.
The comment was made by Vadra recently on his Facebook account after a controversy broke out over his business deals with realty major DLF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands