Complaint against Robert Vadra in Jaipur court
Jaipur: A lawyer on Thursday filed complaint in a local court seeking action against Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra for his reported comment `Mango man in Banana republic` on a social networking site.
The complaint in the court of Judicial Magistrate No 32 sought action against Vadra under section 121 (A) (sedition), 153 (A) (promoting enmity between different groups), 500 and 501 (defamation) of IPC.
Hearing in the matter is slated for October 18.
The lawyer, AC Upadhyay, alleged in his complaint that Vadra has insulted the Constitution and citizens of India with his comment.
He also produced clippings of newspapers as evidence.
The comment was made by Vadra recently on his Facebook account after a controversy broke out over his business deals with realty major DLF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months