Complaint filed against Shankaracharya Swaroopanand in Jaipur
Jaipur: A local activist here has filed a complaint against Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand for his controversial remarks against Shirdi Sai Baba.
The complaint was registered today at the Vaishali Nagar police station following a local court`s directive.
"The allegations against Shankaracharya are being examined and if they are found to be true, an FIR would be lodged against him under relevant sections of IPC," Investigating Officer Mohit Chaudhary said.
In his complaint, Sharma, who runs a social organisation Calibre, said he was hurt by the Shankaracharya`s statements against Sai Baba made last month.
He said the controversial remarks have also hurt the religious sentiments of the followers of Sai Baba, hence legal action should be taken against the Shankaracharya.
He said that the religious leader has insulted religious beliefs and tried to prompt enmity on grounds of religion and his?acts were intended to outrage religious feelings.
A local court had on his complaint directed the police to investigate the matter and file an FIR if the allegations are found true.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!