Cong has no role in CBI`s action against Kataria: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday dismissed BJP`s allegations that CBI has chargesheeted Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Gulab Chand Kataria in Sohrabuddin encounter case at the behest of Congress.
"Congress has no role in the case and law will take its own course," Gehlot told reporters here.
On Kataria`s announcement yesterday that he would resign as MLA if arrested in the case, Gehlot said, "I leave it to Kataria that what he should do on moral ground after this development."
The CBI has chargesheeted Kataria, who was Rajasthan Home Minister when the encounter took place, and three others for murder charges in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
BJP has accused CBI of working at Congress` behest to implicate its members under a "well-planned conspiracy".
On Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s meeting with state leaders, Gehlot said the event has energised the party workers in the state.
"The meeting was successful in Bikaner yesterday and the rounds of meeting are going on here. The message for partymen is that those who will work will get importance in the party," he said.
The CM said that discussions were held and assertion was on strengthening the party at block level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31