Cong has no role in CBI`s action against Kataria: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday dismissed BJP`s allegations that CBI has chargesheeted Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Gulab Chand Kataria in Sohrabuddin encounter case at the behest of Congress.
"Congress has no role in the case and law will take its own course," Gehlot told reporters here.
On Kataria`s announcement yesterday that he would resign as MLA if arrested in the case, Gehlot said, "I leave it to Kataria that what he should do on moral ground after this development."
The CBI has chargesheeted Kataria, who was Rajasthan Home Minister when the encounter took place, and three others for murder charges in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
BJP has accused CBI of working at Congress` behest to implicate its members under a "well-planned conspiracy".
On Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s meeting with state leaders, Gehlot said the event has energised the party workers in the state.
"The meeting was successful in Bikaner yesterday and the rounds of meeting are going on here. The message for partymen is that those who will work will get importance in the party," he said.
The CM said that discussions were held and assertion was on strengthening the party at block level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?