Cong MLA alleges irregularities in Ajmer prison
Jaipur: Alleging irregularities and
corruption in the Ajmer jail, a ruling Congress MLA in
Rajasthan, whose son was murdered earlier this year, today
claimed that the accused in the case were threatening
witnesses using mobile phones from inside the prison.
Kishangarh (Ajmer) MLA Nathuram Sinodiya made the
remarks during Question Hour in the state Assembly when
Minister of State for Forest Ramlal Jat was replying to a
question on recovery of mobile phones and sim cards from
prisoners in Jodhpur jail.
Sinodiya claimed that undertrials lodged in the Ajmer
jail also use mobile phones and threaten people.
He said that some accused in the murder case of his son,
who was shot dead over a property dispute, were using mobile
phones to threaten witnesses.
Opposition members also raised voice against the alleged
negligence of the jail authorities and the state government in
redressing grievances of its own party MLA. Amid uproar,
CPI(M) MLAs Amra Ram, Pema Ram and Pawan Duggal walked out of
Sinodiya claimed that the criminal who shot dead his son
was earlier also lodged in Ajmer jail but he came out on
parole given by then superintendent of Ajmer jail.
Speaker Deependra Singh asked Ramlal Jat to get the
matter investigated by the DGP within 15 days.
Jat assured the House that a probe would be ordered into
the matter. He also said prisoners who have been found
involved in operating their criminal activities from jail will
be shifted to Ajmer jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`