Cong MLA alleges irregularities in Ajmer prison
Jaipur: Alleging irregularities and
corruption in the Ajmer jail, a ruling Congress MLA in
Rajasthan, whose son was murdered earlier this year, today
claimed that the accused in the case were threatening
witnesses using mobile phones from inside the prison.
Kishangarh (Ajmer) MLA Nathuram Sinodiya made the
remarks during Question Hour in the state Assembly when
Minister of State for Forest Ramlal Jat was replying to a
question on recovery of mobile phones and sim cards from
prisoners in Jodhpur jail.
Sinodiya claimed that undertrials lodged in the Ajmer
jail also use mobile phones and threaten people.
He said that some accused in the murder case of his son,
who was shot dead over a property dispute, were using mobile
phones to threaten witnesses.
Opposition members also raised voice against the alleged
negligence of the jail authorities and the state government in
redressing grievances of its own party MLA. Amid uproar,
CPI(M) MLAs Amra Ram, Pema Ram and Pawan Duggal walked out of
Sinodiya claimed that the criminal who shot dead his son
was earlier also lodged in Ajmer jail but he came out on
parole given by then superintendent of Ajmer jail.
Speaker Deependra Singh asked Ramlal Jat to get the
matter investigated by the DGP within 15 days.
Jat assured the House that a probe would be ordered into
the matter. He also said prisoners who have been found
involved in operating their criminal activities from jail will
be shifted to Ajmer jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31