Cong MLA alleges irregularities in Ajmer prison
Jaipur: Alleging irregularities and
corruption in the Ajmer jail, a ruling Congress MLA in
Rajasthan, whose son was murdered earlier this year, today
claimed that the accused in the case were threatening
witnesses using mobile phones from inside the prison.
Kishangarh (Ajmer) MLA Nathuram Sinodiya made the
remarks during Question Hour in the state Assembly when
Minister of State for Forest Ramlal Jat was replying to a
question on recovery of mobile phones and sim cards from
prisoners in Jodhpur jail.
Sinodiya claimed that undertrials lodged in the Ajmer
jail also use mobile phones and threaten people.
He said that some accused in the murder case of his son,
who was shot dead over a property dispute, were using mobile
phones to threaten witnesses.
Opposition members also raised voice against the alleged
negligence of the jail authorities and the state government in
redressing grievances of its own party MLA. Amid uproar,
CPI(M) MLAs Amra Ram, Pema Ram and Pawan Duggal walked out of
Sinodiya claimed that the criminal who shot dead his son
was earlier also lodged in Ajmer jail but he came out on
parole given by then superintendent of Ajmer jail.
Speaker Deependra Singh asked Ramlal Jat to get the
matter investigated by the DGP within 15 days.
Jat assured the House that a probe would be ordered into
the matter. He also said prisoners who have been found
involved in operating their criminal activities from jail will
be shifted to Ajmer jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi