Cong rejects BJP demand for Gehlot`s resignation
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday dismissed the
opposition demand for the resignation of Rajasthan Chief
Minister Ashok Gehlot in connection with the case of
disappearance of Rajasthan`s midwife Bhanwari Devi in which
one of his ministerial colleagues was sacked.
"The concerned Minister Mahipal Maderna has been sacked
by the Chief Minister as he did not resign.....Law is taking
its course. There is no question", party spokesman Rashid Alvi
told reporters here.
He was asked to react to BJP`s demand for the
resignation of the Chief Minister in the wake of the Bhanwari
Devi disappearance case in which Maderna is being grilled by
A CD purportedly showing Maderna in a compromising
position with 36-year-old Bhanwari, an auxiliary nurse and
midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village - around 120
km from here, had come to light after she went missing from
Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1. Her husband Amarchand
had alleged she was abducted at the behest of Maderna.
The Chief Minister is under opposition attack over the
handling of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation