Cong rejects BJP demand for Gehlot`s resignation
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday dismissed the
opposition demand for the resignation of Rajasthan Chief
Minister Ashok Gehlot in connection with the case of
disappearance of Rajasthan`s midwife Bhanwari Devi in which
one of his ministerial colleagues was sacked.
"The concerned Minister Mahipal Maderna has been sacked
by the Chief Minister as he did not resign.....Law is taking
its course. There is no question", party spokesman Rashid Alvi
told reporters here.
He was asked to react to BJP`s demand for the
resignation of the Chief Minister in the wake of the Bhanwari
Devi disappearance case in which Maderna is being grilled by
A CD purportedly showing Maderna in a compromising
position with 36-year-old Bhanwari, an auxiliary nurse and
midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village - around 120
km from here, had come to light after she went missing from
Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1. Her husband Amarchand
had alleged she was abducted at the behest of Maderna.
The Chief Minister is under opposition attack over the
handling of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley