Congress expels 8 office bearers for anti-party activities
Jaipur: Congress on Tuesday expelled eight office bearers for six years for campaigning against the party`s official candidate for the December 1 elections in Rajasthan.
The expelled functionaries were campaigning against party`s
official candidate Gopal Singh Rawat on Bheem Assembly seat.
Pradesh Congress Committee served the expulsion notices to the office bearers on the orders of AICC General Secretary and incharge Gurudas Kamat, the party spokesman said.
The expelled functionaries were -- Devgarh Block Committee Chairman Bhagwati Prasad Tak, President Narpat Singh Kishnawat, General Secretary Hansraj Kansara, Pradesh Mahila Congress Secretary Sheela Pokharna, Bheem Block Committee President KL Ranka, Treasurer Pintu Gandhi, Secretary Prakash Lalwani and Spokesman Gagan Das Sindhi, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back