Congress functionary felicitated with cash garland
Jaisalmer: Unfazed by the controversy over
cash garlands, a Congress functionary here got himself
honoured in a similar way.
Zila Pramukh Abdula Fakeer was felicitated with a garland
made up of currency notes totalling Rs. 1.11 lakh at Chayan
village of Pokhran yesterday.
"Enthusiastic party workers garlanded me despite my
refusal. However, I returned the cash garland to the party
workers," Fakeer, brother of a Congress MLA Sale Mohammad,
A huge multi-crore garland was presented to Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati at a public rally in Lucknow last
month fuelling demands by Opposition parties for a central
probe into the source of money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?