Congress functionary felicitated with cash garland
Jaisalmer: Unfazed by the controversy over
cash garlands, a Congress functionary here got himself
honoured in a similar way.
Zila Pramukh Abdula Fakeer was felicitated with a garland
made up of currency notes totalling Rs. 1.11 lakh at Chayan
village of Pokhran yesterday.
"Enthusiastic party workers garlanded me despite my
refusal. However, I returned the cash garland to the party
workers," Fakeer, brother of a Congress MLA Sale Mohammad,
A huge multi-crore garland was presented to Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati at a public rally in Lucknow last
month fuelling demands by Opposition parties for a central
probe into the source of money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka