Congress functionary felicitated with cash garland
Jaisalmer: Unfazed by the controversy over
cash garlands, a Congress functionary here got himself
honoured in a similar way.
Zila Pramukh Abdula Fakeer was felicitated with a garland
made up of currency notes totalling Rs. 1.11 lakh at Chayan
village of Pokhran yesterday.
"Enthusiastic party workers garlanded me despite my
refusal. However, I returned the cash garland to the party
workers," Fakeer, brother of a Congress MLA Sale Mohammad,
A huge multi-crore garland was presented to Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati at a public rally in Lucknow last
month fuelling demands by Opposition parties for a central
probe into the source of money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days