Congress holds protest in Rajasthan over inflation
Jaipur: Rajasthan Congress today held a protest here, accusing BJP of "betraying" people by failing to take measures to curb inflation and not providing them relief after coming to power both at Centre and the state.
Addressing party workers in a dharna outside the collectorate here, PCC chief Sachin Pilot said that BJP had promised good days and steps to curb inflation to the people and had got overwhelming majority both at the state and the centre but no decision to provide relief to people were taken by the governments.
"We faced defeat in the elections but now its our responsibility to raise issues of public interest. Hence we have organised dharnas in all the district headquarters of the state today," Pilot said.
"We will submit our demands to the government through the collectors," he told the gathering. Hundreds of party workers who participated in the dharna here shouted anti-government and anti-BJP slogans.
They tried to enter into the collectorate premises to hand over a memorandum demanding the government to take steps to reduce inflation but they were prevented from doing so by the policemen.
Later, Jaipur collector Krishna Kunal came out of his chamber and received the memorandum at the entrance gate. Similar dharnas were also held in other districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees