Congress holds protest in Rajasthan over inflation
Jaipur: Rajasthan Congress today held a protest here, accusing BJP of "betraying" people by failing to take measures to curb inflation and not providing them relief after coming to power both at Centre and the state.
Addressing party workers in a dharna outside the collectorate here, PCC chief Sachin Pilot said that BJP had promised good days and steps to curb inflation to the people and had got overwhelming majority both at the state and the centre but no decision to provide relief to people were taken by the governments.
"We faced defeat in the elections but now its our responsibility to raise issues of public interest. Hence we have organised dharnas in all the district headquarters of the state today," Pilot said.
"We will submit our demands to the government through the collectors," he told the gathering. Hundreds of party workers who participated in the dharna here shouted anti-government and anti-BJP slogans.
They tried to enter into the collectorate premises to hand over a memorandum demanding the government to take steps to reduce inflation but they were prevented from doing so by the policemen.
Later, Jaipur collector Krishna Kunal came out of his chamber and received the memorandum at the entrance gate. Similar dharnas were also held in other districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here
- Now ''like'' 360-degree videos in VR on Facebook
- Watch video: Perth zoo rejoices arrival of first Goodfellow's tree kangaroo in thirty-six years!
- Goondaraj in UP? Police sub-inspector hacked to death by armed assailants in Badaun