Congress holds protest in Rajasthan over inflation
Jaipur: Rajasthan Congress today held a protest here, accusing BJP of "betraying" people by failing to take measures to curb inflation and not providing them relief after coming to power both at Centre and the state.
Addressing party workers in a dharna outside the collectorate here, PCC chief Sachin Pilot said that BJP had promised good days and steps to curb inflation to the people and had got overwhelming majority both at the state and the centre but no decision to provide relief to people were taken by the governments.
"We faced defeat in the elections but now its our responsibility to raise issues of public interest. Hence we have organised dharnas in all the district headquarters of the state today," Pilot said.
"We will submit our demands to the government through the collectors," he told the gathering. Hundreds of party workers who participated in the dharna here shouted anti-government and anti-BJP slogans.
They tried to enter into the collectorate premises to hand over a memorandum demanding the government to take steps to reduce inflation but they were prevented from doing so by the policemen.
Later, Jaipur collector Krishna Kunal came out of his chamber and received the memorandum at the entrance gate. Similar dharnas were also held in other districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Ashutosh Gowariker, Kay Kay Menon launch Raj Supe's new book
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC