Congress lacks vision for development: MP CM
Kota (Rajasthan): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said Congress lacks "vision" for development.
"Congress leaders have eyes, but they lack vision required for development," Chouhan told a public meeting at Dussehra Maidan here organised as part of former CM Vasundhara Raje`s Swaraj Sankalp Yatra, ahead of forthcoming Assembly polls.
The former Rajasthan chief minister accused the Congress government in the state of being insensitive to the needs of the common man.
She said welfare schemes introduced by the Ashok Gehlot government, like free medicines and free medical tests at government hospitals, were "just an eyewash to woo voters".
Former BJP state parliamentary secretary Om Birla, who also addressed the gathering, said, "Despite the free schemes at hospitals, infants are dying and mothers succumbing to death before delivery."
Raje`s yatra could attract only thirty thousand people in Kota although BJP had claimed it could ensure a turn out of one lakh people.
Chouhan said freedom fighters like Chandrashekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh and Veer Sawarkar should get due recognition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report
- Global warnings on Brexit consequences
- Reasons you should be eating more broccoli!