Congress lacks vision for development: MP CM
Kota (Rajasthan): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said Congress lacks "vision" for development.
"Congress leaders have eyes, but they lack vision required for development," Chouhan told a public meeting at Dussehra Maidan here organised as part of former CM Vasundhara Raje`s Swaraj Sankalp Yatra, ahead of forthcoming Assembly polls.
The former Rajasthan chief minister accused the Congress government in the state of being insensitive to the needs of the common man.
She said welfare schemes introduced by the Ashok Gehlot government, like free medicines and free medical tests at government hospitals, were "just an eyewash to woo voters".
Former BJP state parliamentary secretary Om Birla, who also addressed the gathering, said, "Despite the free schemes at hospitals, infants are dying and mothers succumbing to death before delivery."
Raje`s yatra could attract only thirty thousand people in Kota although BJP had claimed it could ensure a turn out of one lakh people.
Chouhan said freedom fighters like Chandrashekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh and Veer Sawarkar should get due recognition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened