Congress lacks vision for development: MP CM
Kota (Rajasthan): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said Congress lacks "vision" for development.
"Congress leaders have eyes, but they lack vision required for development," Chouhan told a public meeting at Dussehra Maidan here organised as part of former CM Vasundhara Raje`s Swaraj Sankalp Yatra, ahead of forthcoming Assembly polls.
The former Rajasthan chief minister accused the Congress government in the state of being insensitive to the needs of the common man.
She said welfare schemes introduced by the Ashok Gehlot government, like free medicines and free medical tests at government hospitals, were "just an eyewash to woo voters".
Former BJP state parliamentary secretary Om Birla, who also addressed the gathering, said, "Despite the free schemes at hospitals, infants are dying and mothers succumbing to death before delivery."
Raje`s yatra could attract only thirty thousand people in Kota although BJP had claimed it could ensure a turn out of one lakh people.
Chouhan said freedom fighters like Chandrashekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh and Veer Sawarkar should get due recognition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption