Congress leader`s son shot at near Kotputali
Jaipur: The son of a former Parliamentary Secretary in the Gehlot government was shot at by assailants over a mining lease dispute near Kotputali in the district on Tuesday, police said.
Vikki Kasana (24), son of former Parliamentary Secretary Ramswaroop Kasana, was shot at by five assailants over a mining lease dispute near a crushing site in Kotputali in Jaipur district in the wee hours today, they said.
He received three bullets, one each in his right hand, thigh and near knee, following which he was rushed to the Sawai
Man Singh Hospital, the police said, adding that his condition was now stable.
One of the assailants identified as Gajji Jagarwal was arrested from Kotputali this morning while four of his accomplices were still at large, they said.
The assailants came in a jeep and asked the victim to come out of the crushing site. They, then, opened indiscriminate fire at him, police said.
Additional forces have been deployed in Kotputali and surrounding villages to maintain law and order in view of the tension following the incident, they claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter