Congress leader`s son shot at near Kotputali
Jaipur: The son of a former Parliamentary Secretary in the Gehlot government was shot at by assailants over a mining lease dispute near Kotputali in the district on Tuesday, police said.
Vikki Kasana (24), son of former Parliamentary Secretary Ramswaroop Kasana, was shot at by five assailants over a mining lease dispute near a crushing site in Kotputali in Jaipur district in the wee hours today, they said.
He received three bullets, one each in his right hand, thigh and near knee, following which he was rushed to the Sawai
Man Singh Hospital, the police said, adding that his condition was now stable.
One of the assailants identified as Gajji Jagarwal was arrested from Kotputali this morning while four of his accomplices were still at large, they said.
The assailants came in a jeep and asked the victim to come out of the crushing site. They, then, opened indiscriminate fire at him, police said.
Additional forces have been deployed in Kotputali and surrounding villages to maintain law and order in view of the tension following the incident, they claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'