Congress MLA manhandled by agitating mob in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A ruling party MLA was manhandled by agitating mob in Rajasthan`s Tonk district after a farmer who was employed in his farm, died in a clash with a group of people.
Kamal Bairwa, a Congress MLA from Niwai, was manhandled by some furious people in Surajpura village who were protesting with the body of Ramjilal, who died in a clash over property dispute yesterday, police said today.
The incident took place when Bairwa had gone to the village to pacify people who were protesting over the farmer`s death, they said.
The protesters also accused the MLA of influencing police for not taking action against those who attacked Ramjilal, they said.
He then rushed to a building to get protection following which police intervened in the matter and he was escorted to safe place late last night, they added.
Bairwa told reporters in Tonk that he was manhandled by some people who were demanding action against those behind the killing of the farmer.
Meanwhile, locals today blocked a road in the village in protest of the death of Ramjilal and demanded stern action against the culprits.
Ramjilal, 35, was working in MLA`s farm along with two others when Ramphool Bairwa and others allegedly attacked him with iron rods, sticks and sharp edged weapons few days back.
Ramjilal was admitted here in a hospital where he succumbed to his injuries yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped