Congress takes a dig at tainted ministers in Vasundhara Raje`s cabinet
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In an apparent dig at Bharatiya Janata Party`s induction of tainted ministers into the Rajasthan cabinet on Friday, Congress said this was just the sign of things to come.
After tainted MLAs GC Kataria and Rajendra Singh Rathore were sworn into Vasundhara Raje`s cabinet, senior Congress leader Rashid Alvi responded by saying, "Aage aage dekhiye hota hai kya. This is just the beginning, more such cases shall follow."
Alvi was hinting at ascension of GC Kataria, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case of Gujarat; and Rajendra Singh Rathore, who was arrested by CBI for his alleged involvement in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
CBI had filed a supplementary charge sheet against Kataria early this year and he has been granted an anticipatory bail by a Mumbai court.
Rathore was arrested and sent to jail by CBI in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case. A Jaipur court later discharged him in a controversial order even before charges were framed against him.
Both Kataria and Rathore were among nine inducted as cabinet ministers on Friday. Three others took oath as ministers of state on independent charges.
60-year-old Raje, who led BJP to a landslide victory in Rajasthan Assembly polls, was sworn-in as the Chief Minister for the second time on December 13. BJP has won 163 of the 200 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!