Constable suspended for dereliction of duty in a rape case
Jaipur: A police constable has been suspended for alleged dereliction of duty in searching a missing minor girl who was allegedly later gangraped and murdered in Jhalawar district even as Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje asked the state police to accord top priority to rape-related case.
Family members of the girl, who went missing since Saturday afternoon from Kholi village, reached Bakani Thana in the night and informed the head constable Ram Kumar.
The family in their complaint said, he did not register their complaint and instead asked them to come with a photo of the girl. The policeman also did not inform the SHO, police said today.
Body of the girl, who was gangraped by two on Saturday night, was found Sunday morning near the village.
"SP suspended the head constable for dereliction of duty yesterday on complaint of the family," according to an official, who added, two accused have been arrested in connection with the case.
Meanwhile, Raje has asked the DGP to ensure that there is dereliction in rape-related cases.
She said that rape case should be given top priority.
She also asked the police to request to the court for trial in a time-bound manner so that justice could be delivered to the victim in time, according to a spokesperson.
On the other hand, BJP MLAs Vasudev Devnani and Anita Bhadel accused PCC Chief Sachin Pilot of doing politics in the case by deciding to visit the family of the girl who was raped and murdered in Jhalawar.
They questioned whether Pilot had also visited the family of Bhanwari Devi who was abducted and murdered in Jodhpur in which two former Congress MLAs including one former minister Mahipal Maderna, are accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday