Contempt case: HC issues notice to ex Rajasthan chief secy
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court has issued contempt notice to former Chief Secretary DC Samant for his failure to comply with the court order during the Gujjar agitation for quota in 2008.
The order came during a hearing on the contempt plea filed by the state government against Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla and his associates.
The court had in 2008 passed guidelines to Gujjar leaders not to disrupt law and order and asked government to ensure its strict compliance but despite this the agitation led to unprecedented chaos.
Justice MC Sharma said, "The state government had miserably failed to see compliance of our order and the entire chaos was outcome of failure of state machinery.
"We, therefore, would like to seek explanation from the then chief secretary DC Samant to explain as to what prevented him from executing and complying court`s orders."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof