Cop burnt alive by mob in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A police inspector was burnt
alive by a mob after a man jumped to death from an overhead
water tank to protest alleged police inaction in a murder case
in Rajasthan`s Sawai Madhopur district this evening, an
"The Station House Officer, Phool Mohammad, was burnt
alive by the agitated mob which torched his jeep when he
reached the spot after a man jumped from the tank" in Mantown
area in Sawai Madhopur, 118 kms from here, ADG, Law and Order,
Navdeep Singh told PTI here.
The mob also pelted stones at the policemen in which
over 12 personnel received injuries, another official said.
Two men climbed the water tank and threatened to jump
from it if the police did not arrest the killers of an elderly
women in Sudwal vilage, whose legs had been chopped off during
a robbery in Februray 25.
One of them - Rajesh Meena- jumped from the tank and
died. When police reached the spot, the mob which had gathered
there torched the police jeep in which SHO Mantown Phool
Mohammad was sitting, Singh said.
"The situation in the area is tense but under
control. Extra forces have been deployed to maintain law and
order, and IG Law and order has been rushed to Sawaimadhopur
to monitor the situation," he said.
Meanwhile, the Leader of Opposition and former Chief
Minister Vasundhara Raje condemned incident and expressed her
"It is a shocking incident that a man jumped from water
tank and died, and in protest a police officer was burnt alive
in Sawaimadhopur. Anarchy is everywhere in the state during
the regime of Congress government and the issue of
deteriorating law and order situation is a very serious
matter," she said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day