Cop burnt alive by mob in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A police inspector was burnt
alive by a mob after a man jumped to death from an overhead
water tank to protest alleged police inaction in a murder case
in Rajasthan`s Sawai Madhopur district this evening, an
"The Station House Officer, Phool Mohammad, was burnt
alive by the agitated mob which torched his jeep when he
reached the spot after a man jumped from the tank" in Mantown
area in Sawai Madhopur, 118 kms from here, ADG, Law and Order,
Navdeep Singh told PTI here.
The mob also pelted stones at the policemen in which
over 12 personnel received injuries, another official said.
Two men climbed the water tank and threatened to jump
from it if the police did not arrest the killers of an elderly
women in Sudwal vilage, whose legs had been chopped off during
a robbery in Februray 25.
One of them - Rajesh Meena- jumped from the tank and
died. When police reached the spot, the mob which had gathered
there torched the police jeep in which SHO Mantown Phool
Mohammad was sitting, Singh said.
"The situation in the area is tense but under
control. Extra forces have been deployed to maintain law and
order, and IG Law and order has been rushed to Sawaimadhopur
to monitor the situation," he said.
Meanwhile, the Leader of Opposition and former Chief
Minister Vasundhara Raje condemned incident and expressed her
"It is a shocking incident that a man jumped from water
tank and died, and in protest a police officer was burnt alive
in Sawaimadhopur. Anarchy is everywhere in the state during
the regime of Congress government and the issue of
deteriorating law and order situation is a very serious
matter," she said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users