Couple on bike shot at by men posing as cops in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A young couple on a motorcycle was on Sunday shot at by two con men posing as police officials who intercepted them to check the vehicle`s documents in Alwar district, the police said.
23-year-old Shahid Mev received bullet injuries in stomach, while his wife Barvati Mev (22) escaped unhurt in the incident which took place near Ramgarh, SHO of Ramgarh Police station Ashok K Meena told PTI over the phone.
The couple was rushed to Sahania Hospital in Alwar where his conditions was stated to be serious, he said.
The incident occurred this afternoon when the couple was returning from the hospital to their town Punhane in Haryana after a routine check up of the woman, he said
The miscreants fled from the scene after the incident, police said, adding that the miscreants` motive behind the crime is yet to be known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?