Court expresses dissatisfaction over probe into g
Jodhpur: Expressing dissatisfaction over investigations into the death of a girl here, a local court on Thursday asked the state police to have the case probed by a senior officer.
The court also asked the DGP to monitor the probe himself.
The victim was found hanging in a room close to her house at DDP Nagar here on July 27. The room was rented by a student named Motiram Choudhary.
Her parents had lodgd a complaint of rape and murder against Choudhary and his friends but the police treated the case as that of suicide.
Dissatisfied with the police investigation, her brother Ashok, then moved an application in the court of Metropolitan Magistrate last week alleging tampering with the investigation favouring the accused.
His counsel Hastimal Saraswat said the circumstantial evidences were completely overlooked by the police.
"There were about 50 marks on injury on her body including on the private parts and some used and unused condoms had also been found on the spot.
But police is taking the case in entirely different directions," Saraswat argued in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Democrat lawmakers resort to sit-in; House erupts in chaos
- JKBOSE class 10 re-evaluation result 2015 declared; check Jkbose.co.in
- Ten things women hate about men!
- MHADA lottery 2016: Now, book your dream home in Mumbai, MHADA online form available here
- 10-wicket haul vs Pakistan or bowling with a broken jaw: Which is your favourite Anil Kumble moment?