Court issues directions to ensure notice served to Meghwal
Jaipur: A local court on Wednesday issued directions for the SP, Sriganganagar, for ensuring that notices to Union Minister of State Nihal Chand Meghwal, who is facing rape allegations, is served at his present address.
The court had in June this year issued notices to Meghwal and 16 others accused in a rape case asking them to appear before the court on hearing today but notices could not be served to 12, including Meghwal.
The defence counsel informed the court that notices could not be served to Nihal Chand because he has shifted from Raisingh nagar in Sriganganagar to Delhi after the Lok Sabha elections.
The court of the Additional District and Sessions Judge issued directions to the SP, Sriganganagar, asking him to ensure that the notice is served to Nihal Chand at his present address in Sriganganagar or in Delhi.
The next hearing in the case is on November 12 and the notices are to be served to all of them before it. The court had issued notices in June this year following the woman`s review petition against the Final Report (FR) in the rape case by Vaishali nagar (Jaipur) police.
The Vaishali Nagar Police had filed the FR on the woman`s FIR in 2012. The woman in FIR lodged in 2011 had alleged that her husband Om Prakash used to lace her food with sedatives and after she lost consciousness she was subjected to sexual abuse. She alleged that her husband was using her for his political and business interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark