Court issues non-bailable warrant against IAS officer Mohanty
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: A local court on Friday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against BB Mohanty, the former senior IAS officer, who is accused of sexually exploiting a 22-year-old girl.
The warrant has been issued by an Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate court on a petition filed by the Mahesh Nagar Police station on February 26, they said.
"The missing accused has to be arrested by March 25", ACP Parasmal Jain told a news agency.
A first information report (FIR) was registered in January against Mohanty. The additional chief secretary (ACS) rank officer, who was posted as chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal, was suspended by the Vasundhara Raje government on February 04.
Upset over delay in inquiry in her rape case, the victim had earlier this month demanded a CBI probe into the case and the immediate arrest of Mohanty, who has been absconding since the FIR was lodged.
The Rajasthan government had not taken any action against the slow investigation by state police which could not arrest the accused, and did not search the accused`s home, the victim had told a press conference.
The victim`s statement has already been recorded by police.
In her complaint on January 25, the woman alleged that Mohanty had raped her repeatedly last year after promising to help her clear civil services examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened