Court orders case against Rajasthan minister
Jaipur: A court here on Saturday ordered police to register a case against Rajasthan`s Minister of State for Food and Civil Supplies Babulal Nagar and some policemen, including a Rajasthan police Service (RPS) officer, for intimidating and keeping a 64-year old man in illegal custody, the victim`s lawyer said.
Rameshwar Lal Chaudhary had approached the court of upper chief judicial magistrate claiming that he was thrashed, threatened and kept in illegal custody at a police station without any charges by some policemen on instructions of the minister.
"Chaudhary had approached state`s anti-corruption bureau (ACB) to lodge a complaint of corruption in tenders of food and civil supply department and when the agency did not probe his complaint, he approached a lawyer to file a petition in a court on Aug 29," said Chaudhary`s lawyer Alok Sharma.
When he was going home after visiting the lawyer, Chaudhary`s car was intercepted on the way by some policemen who thrashed him and took him to Phagi police station situated on the outskirts of the city, Sharma said.
Chaudhary alleged that he was threatened not to "mess" with the minister at the police station and kept there throughout the night without any charges.
"My client has been receiving threatening calls since the time he registered the complaint against the minister with the ACB," said Sharma.
The court has directed Shiprapath police station in Jaipur to lodge a first information report against the minister and some policemen, including RPS officer Rajpal Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends