Court orders case against Rajasthan minister
Jaipur: A court here on Saturday ordered police to register a case against Rajasthan`s Minister of State for Food and Civil Supplies Babulal Nagar and some policemen, including a Rajasthan police Service (RPS) officer, for intimidating and keeping a 64-year old man in illegal custody, the victim`s lawyer said.
Rameshwar Lal Chaudhary had approached the court of upper chief judicial magistrate claiming that he was thrashed, threatened and kept in illegal custody at a police station without any charges by some policemen on instructions of the minister.
"Chaudhary had approached state`s anti-corruption bureau (ACB) to lodge a complaint of corruption in tenders of food and civil supply department and when the agency did not probe his complaint, he approached a lawyer to file a petition in a court on Aug 29," said Chaudhary`s lawyer Alok Sharma.
When he was going home after visiting the lawyer, Chaudhary`s car was intercepted on the way by some policemen who thrashed him and took him to Phagi police station situated on the outskirts of the city, Sharma said.
Chaudhary alleged that he was threatened not to "mess" with the minister at the police station and kept there throughout the night without any charges.
"My client has been receiving threatening calls since the time he registered the complaint against the minister with the ACB," said Sharma.
The court has directed Shiprapath police station in Jaipur to lodge a first information report against the minister and some policemen, including RPS officer Rajpal Singh.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today