Court to hear defamation suit against Modi Nov 19
Bundi (Raj): A local court has fixed November 19 for the hearing of a review petition against the rejection of a defamation case against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Modi had allegedly made derogatory remarks against
late Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru in a public meeting of BJP at Gandhinagar on June 5 following which a state Congress member filed a defamation suit against him.
State Youth Congress Secretary Charmesh Sharma had filed a defamation suit against Modi at the Chief Judicial Magistrate court alleging that Modi`s comments against Nehru were disparaging and he and other admirers of Nehru were "deeply hurt and pained" by them.
Sharma had enclosed a video recording of the television telecast in which Modi allegedly refers to Nehru as having "done nothing for children".
The CJM court had rejected the defamation suit on the grounds of jurisdiction after which petitioner Sharma filed a review petition at the district court challenging the rejection of the defamation suit.
Subsequently, the district court had sent the petition to the upper district and sessions court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!