Court to hear defamation suit against Modi Nov 19
Bundi (Raj): A local court has fixed November 19 for the hearing of a review petition against the rejection of a defamation case against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Modi had allegedly made derogatory remarks against
late Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru in a public meeting of BJP at Gandhinagar on June 5 following which a state Congress member filed a defamation suit against him.
State Youth Congress Secretary Charmesh Sharma had filed a defamation suit against Modi at the Chief Judicial Magistrate court alleging that Modi`s comments against Nehru were disparaging and he and other admirers of Nehru were "deeply hurt and pained" by them.
Sharma had enclosed a video recording of the television telecast in which Modi allegedly refers to Nehru as having "done nothing for children".
The CJM court had rejected the defamation suit on the grounds of jurisdiction after which petitioner Sharma filed a review petition at the district court challenging the rejection of the defamation suit.
Subsequently, the district court had sent the petition to the upper district and sessions court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them