Cousin held for trying to rape 14-year-old girl
Jaipur: A 14-year-old girl here alleged that her cousin brother along with his friends attempted rape on her in Amber area, police said on Thursday.
The 14-year old girl had gone to a marriage in a nearby village where the accused Mukesh Sani and his friends Hanuman, Dinesh, Ramnath, Rizwan took her to an isolated area in a car on April 29 and attempted rape.
They however they could not rape her as she resisted and threatened her if she discloses this incident to anyone.
The girl reached the Amber police station with family members and lodged an FIR against the accused.
Police said that the accused have been rounded up and being quizzed.
In another case, a married woman accused her uncle of rape. The woman filed a complaint in a local court seeking direction to police to lodge the case against her uncle Kamal Kumar and the FIR was registered with Gandhi Nagar police station yesterday.
"She alleged that her uncle raped her in 2010 and filmed it. She said that he her uncle was blackmailing her on the basis of the video clip," investigating officer said.
The matter is being probed, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note