CPI(M) MLA slams Raj govt for not taking action against Asaram
Jaipur: The issue of a rape case filed by a minor against Asaram Bapu figured in the Rajasthan Assembly today with a CPI(M) member questioning inaction of the state police against him.
Asaram left the state after allegedly raping a minor girl but the police did not take any action against him, CPI-M member Amraram said.
"Minor girls are facing atrocities in the name of religious activities," he alleged and asked why the state government was not ensuring action against Asaram.
Earlier speaking on the state`s law and order situation, Leader of Opposition BJP G C Kataria told the house that the law and order situation in the state under the Ashok Gehlot government is so deteriorated that it is placed on number two after Maharashtra in the latest report of National Crime Record.
Jaipur stood third in crime rate, whereas Rajasthan is third in women atrocities cases in the country. Economic offences rate was 24.13 per cent, while atrocities against Dalits was 7.5 per cent against the national average of 2.9, he further alleged, he said.
Over 64,000 criminals are still absconding in Rajasthan, Kataria said, adding that in its four years and nine months rule of the Gehlot government, 24 communal clashes took place in the state.
In his reply, Home Minister Virendra Beniwal told the House that IT technology is being used to curb cyber related crimes, a cell to contain atrocities against dalits is being set up in each of the districts.
However, he did not comment on Asaram`s case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced