CPI(M) MLA slams Raj govt for not taking action against Asaram
Jaipur: The issue of a rape case filed by a minor against Asaram Bapu figured in the Rajasthan Assembly today with a CPI(M) member questioning inaction of the state police against him.
Asaram left the state after allegedly raping a minor girl but the police did not take any action against him, CPI-M member Amraram said.
"Minor girls are facing atrocities in the name of religious activities," he alleged and asked why the state government was not ensuring action against Asaram.
Earlier speaking on the state`s law and order situation, Leader of Opposition BJP G C Kataria told the house that the law and order situation in the state under the Ashok Gehlot government is so deteriorated that it is placed on number two after Maharashtra in the latest report of National Crime Record.
Jaipur stood third in crime rate, whereas Rajasthan is third in women atrocities cases in the country. Economic offences rate was 24.13 per cent, while atrocities against Dalits was 7.5 per cent against the national average of 2.9, he further alleged, he said.
Over 64,000 criminals are still absconding in Rajasthan, Kataria said, adding that in its four years and nine months rule of the Gehlot government, 24 communal clashes took place in the state.
In his reply, Home Minister Virendra Beniwal told the House that IT technology is being used to curb cyber related crimes, a cell to contain atrocities against dalits is being set up in each of the districts.
However, he did not comment on Asaram`s case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump