CPI(M) workers protest against arrest of party MLA
Jaipur: CPI(M) workers here on Monday demonstrated here against the arrest of a party MLA in a case of causing damage to public property.
Pawan Duggal was taken into custody on May 10 under the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act for an incident during a farmers` agitation in Sriganganagar in 2004.
"The action against Duggal is politically motivated. He should be released at the earliest," party`s district secretary, Suresh Vyas told reporters here.
Several party workers demonstrated in front of collectorate circle and later handed over a representation, which was addressed to chief minister Ashok Gehlot, to a district administration official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nirbhaya case: Convicts' lawyer challenges 'iron rod' theory, announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone who proves it
- Surprise! Bhagyashree looks amazingly hot in these latest PICS
- Here's how you can safely lose weight in one month without exercise!
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar blames Delhi's Arvind Kejriwal for Gurgaon jam – Know why
- Nobody is interested in killing anybody: Amarinder Singh on Kejriwal's 'PM Modi can get me killed' remark