CPI(M) workers protest against arrest of party MLA
Jaipur: CPI(M) workers here on Monday demonstrated here against the arrest of a party MLA in a case of causing damage to public property.
Pawan Duggal was taken into custody on May 10 under the Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act for an incident during a farmers` agitation in Sriganganagar in 2004.
"The action against Duggal is politically motivated. He should be released at the earliest," party`s district secretary, Suresh Vyas told reporters here.
Several party workers demonstrated in front of collectorate circle and later handed over a representation, which was addressed to chief minister Ashok Gehlot, to a district administration official.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata