CPM to contest 50 seats in Raj Assembly polls
Jaipur: CPI(M) will contest 50 out of 200 seats in the upcoming Assembly polls in Rajsthan, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
CPI(M) is against policies of both Congress and BJP and will oppose them in the polls, Central Committee member and in-charge of the party`s affairs in Rajasthan Hannan Mollah said after holding a meeting of party functionaries.
"It is either the Congress or the BJP that rules the state alternately, this time we will play an active role in government formation," he stressed.
On July 1, four Left parties will hold a convention in Delhi to formulate a demand note based on alternative policies, he said.
On July 21, a convention of "Rajasthan Loktantrik Morcha" will be organised in Jaipur which will be attended by CPI, Samajwadi Party and Janta Dal (A), he said.
CPI(M)`s state secretary Vasudev said a list of top ten Assembly constituencies will be prepared and sent to the party high command for approval.
Rajasthan MLA Amraram alleged that the Centre and the state government of Uttarakhand both failed to control the floods in which hundreds of pilgrims have died and have not satisfactorily executed the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border