CPM to contest 50 seats in Raj Assembly polls
Jaipur: CPI(M) will contest 50 out of 200 seats in the upcoming Assembly polls in Rajsthan, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
CPI(M) is against policies of both Congress and BJP and will oppose them in the polls, Central Committee member and in-charge of the party`s affairs in Rajasthan Hannan Mollah said after holding a meeting of party functionaries.
"It is either the Congress or the BJP that rules the state alternately, this time we will play an active role in government formation," he stressed.
On July 1, four Left parties will hold a convention in Delhi to formulate a demand note based on alternative policies, he said.
On July 21, a convention of "Rajasthan Loktantrik Morcha" will be organised in Jaipur which will be attended by CPI, Samajwadi Party and Janta Dal (A), he said.
CPI(M)`s state secretary Vasudev said a list of top ten Assembly constituencies will be prepared and sent to the party high command for approval.
Rajasthan MLA Amraram alleged that the Centre and the state government of Uttarakhand both failed to control the floods in which hundreds of pilgrims have died and have not satisfactorily executed the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees