CPM to contest 50 seats in Raj Assembly polls
Jaipur: CPI(M) will contest 50 out of 200 seats in the upcoming Assembly polls in Rajsthan, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
CPI(M) is against policies of both Congress and BJP and will oppose them in the polls, Central Committee member and in-charge of the party`s affairs in Rajasthan Hannan Mollah said after holding a meeting of party functionaries.
"It is either the Congress or the BJP that rules the state alternately, this time we will play an active role in government formation," he stressed.
On July 1, four Left parties will hold a convention in Delhi to formulate a demand note based on alternative policies, he said.
On July 21, a convention of "Rajasthan Loktantrik Morcha" will be organised in Jaipur which will be attended by CPI, Samajwadi Party and Janta Dal (A), he said.
CPI(M)`s state secretary Vasudev said a list of top ten Assembly constituencies will be prepared and sent to the party high command for approval.
Rajasthan MLA Amraram alleged that the Centre and the state government of Uttarakhand both failed to control the floods in which hundreds of pilgrims have died and have not satisfactorily executed the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened