CPM to contest 50 seats in Raj Assembly polls
Jaipur: CPI(M) will contest 50 out of 200 seats in the upcoming Assembly polls in Rajsthan, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
CPI(M) is against policies of both Congress and BJP and will oppose them in the polls, Central Committee member and in-charge of the party`s affairs in Rajasthan Hannan Mollah said after holding a meeting of party functionaries.
"It is either the Congress or the BJP that rules the state alternately, this time we will play an active role in government formation," he stressed.
On July 1, four Left parties will hold a convention in Delhi to formulate a demand note based on alternative policies, he said.
On July 21, a convention of "Rajasthan Loktantrik Morcha" will be organised in Jaipur which will be attended by CPI, Samajwadi Party and Janta Dal (A), he said.
CPI(M)`s state secretary Vasudev said a list of top ten Assembly constituencies will be prepared and sent to the party high command for approval.
Rajasthan MLA Amraram alleged that the Centre and the state government of Uttarakhand both failed to control the floods in which hundreds of pilgrims have died and have not satisfactorily executed the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family
- Mother, nine-month-old toddler found dead in Gurgaon, dowry death suspected
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati