Crackdown on outlets selling liquor to teenagers in Rajasthan
Kota: Following the complaints of liquor being illegally sold to teenagers and school students, Deputy Excise Commissioner of the district has decided to take stern action against the defaulters.
"The complaints of selling wine and beer to teenagers and school going students by some liquor outlets have been received," Deputy Excise Commissioner, Kota Division, Anand Mathur said.
"It is the violation of Supreme Court`s order and stern action would be taken against the wine contractors and shopkeepers," he said.
Moreover, the excise department is going to have regular watch over the shops against which complaints were lodged by the locals.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police, Bundi, Priti Chandra said that sudden raid would be conducted on any liquor outlet and the owner would be severely punished if found selling liquor to the school students.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know