Crackdown on outlets selling liquor to teenagers in Rajasthan
Kota: Following the complaints of liquor being illegally sold to teenagers and school students, Deputy Excise Commissioner of the district has decided to take stern action against the defaulters.
"The complaints of selling wine and beer to teenagers and school going students by some liquor outlets have been received," Deputy Excise Commissioner, Kota Division, Anand Mathur said.
"It is the violation of Supreme Court`s order and stern action would be taken against the wine contractors and shopkeepers," he said.
Moreover, the excise department is going to have regular watch over the shops against which complaints were lodged by the locals.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police, Bundi, Priti Chandra said that sudden raid would be conducted on any liquor outlet and the owner would be severely punished if found selling liquor to the school students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'