Crime against women on the rise in Rajasthan: Pilot
Jaipur: Former Union minister Sachin Pilot on Sunday said crime against women and incidents of rape have been rising alarmingly in the state since the Vasundhara Raje-led BJP government took charge around five months ago.
While commenting on the recent rape and murder of two girls in Uttar Pradesh`s Badaun, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee president Pilot said such incidents are also on the rise in the state.
Rape of minor girls in Jhalawar and Dausa, and the rape and murder of a minor girl of minority community at Bakaani village in recent months have shown the Raje government`s inaction against the culprits, Pilot alleged in a statement here.
"Jhalawar is the Assembly constituency of Vasundhara Raje and the Lok Sabha seat is represented by her son Dushyant Singh, how could the law and order situation does not prevail there?" Pilot questioned.
"If she could not control crime against women in her own constituency, how could she ensure safety in rest of the state," he said.
Referring to the Damini rape case of Sikar in Rajasthan occurred early this year, Pilot said the cash compensation would not solve such cases as "the culprits are at large and the victim`s survival is threatened".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- I was more focused after Centennial Park bombing: Leander Paes
- AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya arrested from press conference
- NASA technology finds bacteria's role in breast cancer
- HORRIFIC! Man kills wife, her 3 daughters, lives with their bodies for two days in Chennai
- Dolled up in pastel! Aditi Rao Hydari puts her best foot forward at IIFA 2016