Crime against women on the rise in Rajasthan: Pilot
Jaipur: Former Union minister Sachin Pilot on Sunday said crime against women and incidents of rape have been rising alarmingly in the state since the Vasundhara Raje-led BJP government took charge around five months ago.
While commenting on the recent rape and murder of two girls in Uttar Pradesh`s Badaun, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee president Pilot said such incidents are also on the rise in the state.
Rape of minor girls in Jhalawar and Dausa, and the rape and murder of a minor girl of minority community at Bakaani village in recent months have shown the Raje government`s inaction against the culprits, Pilot alleged in a statement here.
"Jhalawar is the Assembly constituency of Vasundhara Raje and the Lok Sabha seat is represented by her son Dushyant Singh, how could the law and order situation does not prevail there?" Pilot questioned.
"If she could not control crime against women in her own constituency, how could she ensure safety in rest of the state," he said.
Referring to the Damini rape case of Sikar in Rajasthan occurred early this year, Pilot said the cash compensation would not solve such cases as "the culprits are at large and the victim`s survival is threatened".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday