Crime Records Bureau to go paperless in Raj
Jaipur: State Crime Records Bureau (SCRB) will be the first government office in Rajasthan to go paperless under the e-Office project implemented by National Informatics Centre.
"The office under the police department will implement the project fully by July 1 and on the basis of the outcome, it will be implemented in other government departments in the state," Sharat Kaviraj, SP-SCRB, who is also the nodal officer for the project in Rajasthan, told a news agency.
A team from the NIC was in the SCRB office to collect data so that the system can be executed according to the plan.
The e-Office project is a package of knowledge management system, file management system and collaborative tools, and by implementing these, the office will be paperless and increase efficiency and transparency, he said.
All the important circulars, policy regulations, guidelines and departmental letters and orders will be available in electronic format for quick references.
Movement of files will be easier to monitor and ensure transparency, he said, adding that the project will be implemented in other departments at later stages.
"The NIC team gathered necessary inputs, departmental data and other information so that the project can be run here by July," another police officer said.
The project aims to improve productivity, quality and transparency in the government offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in