Curb corruption to control crime: Gehlot tells police officers
Jaipur: Highlighting the relationship between
corruption and crime, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
on Wednesday asked police officers to work with responsibility and
new resolutions to fulfil the aspirations of people.
"There is a deep relationship between corruption and
crime, so it is necessary to contain corruption in order to
control the crime," Gehlot told a conference of `Collectors
and SPs` here.
"If impartiality, honesty and commitment are practiced
for good governance, there would be a definite improvement in
the working style of the police force. SPs are big authority
in districts and there would no unachieved target if they work
with strong willpower and responsibility," he said.
Referring to the rape and murder of a woman constable in
Kota district recently, the chief minister said the incident
was "very shameful and unfortunate" and had disturbed him a
Speaking on the occasion, DGP Harish Meena said the
police force would leave no stone unturned to strengthen the
confidence of the people.
The DGP claimed that there had been a decrease in the
serious offences in the state during last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog