Curb corruption to control crime: Gehlot tells police officers
Jaipur: Highlighting the relationship between
corruption and crime, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
on Wednesday asked police officers to work with responsibility and
new resolutions to fulfil the aspirations of people.
"There is a deep relationship between corruption and
crime, so it is necessary to contain corruption in order to
control the crime," Gehlot told a conference of `Collectors
and SPs` here.
"If impartiality, honesty and commitment are practiced
for good governance, there would be a definite improvement in
the working style of the police force. SPs are big authority
in districts and there would no unachieved target if they work
with strong willpower and responsibility," he said.
Referring to the rape and murder of a woman constable in
Kota district recently, the chief minister said the incident
was "very shameful and unfortunate" and had disturbed him a
Speaking on the occasion, DGP Harish Meena said the
police force would leave no stone unturned to strengthen the
confidence of the people.
The DGP claimed that there had been a decrease in the
serious offences in the state during last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video