Curfew continues in Nimbaz town
Jaipur: Curfew continued for second day today in Nimbaz town of Pali district even as 33 persons were arrested in connection with the violence which erupted after some persons pelted stones on a religious procession.
"Twenty-nine persons have been arrested in connection with cases related to the violence and four were arrested for disturbing peace," IG (Jodhpur), D C Jain said.
He said the situation in the area was tense but under control.
Curfew was clamped last evening after stone-pelting by some miscreants on a procession of Hanuman Jayanti triggered violence in the town during which shops and vehicles were torched.
One person injured in the violence has been admitted in a hospital in Jodhpur, Jain said.
Additional personnel have been deployed in the area to maintain law and order, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29