Curfew continues in Nimbaz town
Jaipur: Curfew continued for second day today in Nimbaz town of Pali district even as 33 persons were arrested in connection with the violence which erupted after some persons pelted stones on a religious procession.
"Twenty-nine persons have been arrested in connection with cases related to the violence and four were arrested for disturbing peace," IG (Jodhpur), D C Jain said.
He said the situation in the area was tense but under control.
Curfew was clamped last evening after stone-pelting by some miscreants on a procession of Hanuman Jayanti triggered violence in the town during which shops and vehicles were torched.
One person injured in the violence has been admitted in a hospital in Jodhpur, Jain said.
Additional personnel have been deployed in the area to maintain law and order, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border