Curfew continues in Nimbaz town
Jaipur: Curfew continued for second day today in Nimbaz town of Pali district even as 33 persons were arrested in connection with the violence which erupted after some persons pelted stones on a religious procession.
"Twenty-nine persons have been arrested in connection with cases related to the violence and four were arrested for disturbing peace," IG (Jodhpur), D C Jain said.
He said the situation in the area was tense but under control.
Curfew was clamped last evening after stone-pelting by some miscreants on a procession of Hanuman Jayanti triggered violence in the town during which shops and vehicles were torched.
One person injured in the violence has been admitted in a hospital in Jodhpur, Jain said.
Additional personnel have been deployed in the area to maintain law and order, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen