Curfew in Sanganer to be lifted tomorrow
Jaipur: Police Wednesday decided to completely lift the curfew imposed in Sanganer town here following violence between members of two communities on April 5.
"Situation in the area is normal now so the decision was taken today," Police Commissioner Biju George said.
Night curfew was continued in the area and it will be completely lifted from tomorrow morning, he added.
Violence broke out between members of two communities over a trivial issue of parking a motorbike on April 4 in Sanganer town here with mobs going on the rampage torching a religious school, vandalising properties and attacking policemen prompting authorities to clamp curfew in the area on April 5.
About 20 policemen were injured in the violence. Police had arrested one person -- Chiman alias Mohammad Salam, an active political worker, for allegedly inciting the mob to go on a rampage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you