Curfew in Sanganer to be lifted tomorrow
Jaipur: Police Wednesday decided to completely lift the curfew imposed in Sanganer town here following violence between members of two communities on April 5.
"Situation in the area is normal now so the decision was taken today," Police Commissioner Biju George said.
Night curfew was continued in the area and it will be completely lifted from tomorrow morning, he added.
Violence broke out between members of two communities over a trivial issue of parking a motorbike on April 4 in Sanganer town here with mobs going on the rampage torching a religious school, vandalising properties and attacking policemen prompting authorities to clamp curfew in the area on April 5.
About 20 policemen were injured in the violence. Police had arrested one person -- Chiman alias Mohammad Salam, an active political worker, for allegedly inciting the mob to go on a rampage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army