Curfew in Sanganer to be lifted tomorrow
Jaipur: Police Wednesday decided to completely lift the curfew imposed in Sanganer town here following violence between members of two communities on April 5.
"Situation in the area is normal now so the decision was taken today," Police Commissioner Biju George said.
Night curfew was continued in the area and it will be completely lifted from tomorrow morning, he added.
Violence broke out between members of two communities over a trivial issue of parking a motorbike on April 4 in Sanganer town here with mobs going on the rampage torching a religious school, vandalising properties and attacking policemen prompting authorities to clamp curfew in the area on April 5.
About 20 policemen were injured in the violence. Police had arrested one person -- Chiman alias Mohammad Salam, an active political worker, for allegedly inciting the mob to go on a rampage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- India expects ''no issue'' over Chinese scribes'' visa row
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf
- Real Madrid eye Moussa Sissoko as plan B if Paul Pogba pursuit fails: Reports
- Weight loss surgeries can increase risk of fractures: Study