Curfew in Sanganer to be lifted tomorrow
Jaipur: Police Wednesday decided to completely lift the curfew imposed in Sanganer town here following violence between members of two communities on April 5.
"Situation in the area is normal now so the decision was taken today," Police Commissioner Biju George said.
Night curfew was continued in the area and it will be completely lifted from tomorrow morning, he added.
Violence broke out between members of two communities over a trivial issue of parking a motorbike on April 4 in Sanganer town here with mobs going on the rampage torching a religious school, vandalising properties and attacking policemen prompting authorities to clamp curfew in the area on April 5.
About 20 policemen were injured in the violence. Police had arrested one person -- Chiman alias Mohammad Salam, an active political worker, for allegedly inciting the mob to go on a rampage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves