Curfew in Sanganer to be lifted tomorrow
Jaipur: Police Wednesday decided to completely lift the curfew imposed in Sanganer town here following violence between members of two communities on April 5.
"Situation in the area is normal now so the decision was taken today," Police Commissioner Biju George said.
Night curfew was continued in the area and it will be completely lifted from tomorrow morning, he added.
Violence broke out between members of two communities over a trivial issue of parking a motorbike on April 4 in Sanganer town here with mobs going on the rampage torching a religious school, vandalising properties and attacking policemen prompting authorities to clamp curfew in the area on April 5.
About 20 policemen were injured in the violence. Police had arrested one person -- Chiman alias Mohammad Salam, an active political worker, for allegedly inciting the mob to go on a rampage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog