Curfew relaxed after violence in Raj town
Jaipur: Curfew was relaxed on Sunday for one and a half hour in Sanganer town here which was imposed after violence broke out between members of two communities, police said.
"The decision to relax the curfew, which was imposed on Friday evening, was taken after reviewing the situation. No fresh incident took place today and the situation is under control," officiating police commissioner Biju George Joseph told a news agency.
The curfew was relaxed from 1130 hrs, he said.
Joseph said that 100 people have been arrested so far in connection of the violence which broke out over a petty issue of a motorbike`s parking on Thursday in which several policemen were injured.
Over a dozen cases have also been registered so far, he said.
The violence broke out when a petty issue of a parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
Tension also prevailed on Friday when a group of miscreants set ablaze a religious school following which the police first imposed section 144 of CrPC and later, in the evening, the curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'