Curfew relaxed after violence in Raj town
Jaipur: Curfew was relaxed on Sunday for one and a half hour in Sanganer town here which was imposed after violence broke out between members of two communities, police said.
"The decision to relax the curfew, which was imposed on Friday evening, was taken after reviewing the situation. No fresh incident took place today and the situation is under control," officiating police commissioner Biju George Joseph told a news agency.
The curfew was relaxed from 1130 hrs, he said.
Joseph said that 100 people have been arrested so far in connection of the violence which broke out over a petty issue of a motorbike`s parking on Thursday in which several policemen were injured.
Over a dozen cases have also been registered so far, he said.
The violence broke out when a petty issue of a parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
Tension also prevailed on Friday when a group of miscreants set ablaze a religious school following which the police first imposed section 144 of CrPC and later, in the evening, the curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video