Curfew relaxed after violence in Raj town
Jaipur: Curfew was relaxed on Sunday for one and a half hour in Sanganer town here which was imposed after violence broke out between members of two communities, police said.
"The decision to relax the curfew, which was imposed on Friday evening, was taken after reviewing the situation. No fresh incident took place today and the situation is under control," officiating police commissioner Biju George Joseph told a news agency.
The curfew was relaxed from 1130 hrs, he said.
Joseph said that 100 people have been arrested so far in connection of the violence which broke out over a petty issue of a motorbike`s parking on Thursday in which several policemen were injured.
Over a dozen cases have also been registered so far, he said.
The violence broke out when a petty issue of a parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
Tension also prevailed on Friday when a group of miscreants set ablaze a religious school following which the police first imposed section 144 of CrPC and later, in the evening, the curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown