Curfew relaxed for nine hours in Asind, Gulabpura
Bhilwara: District administration on Wednesday relaxed the curfew for nine hours in Asind and Gulabpura towns of the district where communal clashes broke out few days back.
"The curfew was relaxed from 8 am to 5 pm. The situation is being reviewed and any further decision will be taken tomorrow," an official said.
The situation is now under control though the police forces are keeping a strict vigil in both the towns.
Tension broke out on January 25 when members of two communities clashed before the procession of Barawafat. Over a dozen shops were set ablaze and 12 people were injured in stone pelting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender