Curfew relaxed in Rajasthan town after violence
Jaipur: Curfew was Tuesday relaxed for six hours in Sanganer area here which witnessed violence last week.
"Situation is gradually improving in the town so the curfew was relaxed today for six hours starting from 10.30 am," police said.
The decision to lift the curfew will be taken in a day or two, they added.
The curfew was imposed on Friday when a petty issue of parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
They also pelted stones at the policemen who were trying to control the situation, police said.
Tension prevailed on Friday when a group of miscreants set ablaze a religious school following which the police first imposed section 144 of CrPC and later in the evening, the curfew was clamped.
The curfew was also relaxed for four hours yesterday and for one and a half hours day before yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued