Curfew relaxed in Rajasthan town after violence
Jaipur: Curfew was Tuesday relaxed for six hours in Sanganer area here which witnessed violence last week.
"Situation is gradually improving in the town so the curfew was relaxed today for six hours starting from 10.30 am," police said.
The decision to lift the curfew will be taken in a day or two, they added.
The curfew was imposed on Friday when a petty issue of parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
They also pelted stones at the policemen who were trying to control the situation, police said.
Tension prevailed on Friday when a group of miscreants set ablaze a religious school following which the police first imposed section 144 of CrPC and later in the evening, the curfew was clamped.
The curfew was also relaxed for four hours yesterday and for one and a half hours day before yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan