Curfew relaxed in Rajasthan town after violence
Jaipur: Curfew was Tuesday relaxed for six hours in Sanganer area here which witnessed violence last week.
"Situation is gradually improving in the town so the curfew was relaxed today for six hours starting from 10.30 am," police said.
The decision to lift the curfew will be taken in a day or two, they added.
The curfew was imposed on Friday when a petty issue of parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
They also pelted stones at the policemen who were trying to control the situation, police said.
Tension prevailed on Friday when a group of miscreants set ablaze a religious school following which the police first imposed section 144 of CrPC and later in the evening, the curfew was clamped.
The curfew was also relaxed for four hours yesterday and for one and a half hours day before yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie