Curfew relaxed in Rajasthan town after violence
Jaipur: Curfew was Tuesday relaxed for six hours in Sanganer area here which witnessed violence last week.
"Situation is gradually improving in the town so the curfew was relaxed today for six hours starting from 10.30 am," police said.
The decision to lift the curfew will be taken in a day or two, they added.
The curfew was imposed on Friday when a petty issue of parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
They also pelted stones at the policemen who were trying to control the situation, police said.
Tension prevailed on Friday when a group of miscreants set ablaze a religious school following which the police first imposed section 144 of CrPC and later in the evening, the curfew was clamped.
The curfew was also relaxed for four hours yesterday and for one and a half hours day before yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers