Curfew relaxed in Rajasthan village
Jaipur: Curfew was partially relaxed Friday in a village in Rajasthan, four days after communal clashes claimed the lives of three people and left 11 others injured, police said.
The clashes took place Jan 14 between members of two communities in Kotadi in Pratapgarh district, some 300 km from Jaipur.
"We had clamped curfew in the village following the tension. For the first time after violence, we relaxed curfew for four hours today (Friday) afternoon," a police officer said.
The clashes were triggered following a verbal spat between members of two communities.
"They indulged in firing and arson. Three people were shot dead," the officer said.
The tension spread to nearby villages and over a dozen houses were set ablaze by rioters. Six people have been arrested for their involvement in riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'