Curfew relaxed in Rajasthan village
Jaipur: Curfew was partially relaxed Friday in a village in Rajasthan, four days after communal clashes claimed the lives of three people and left 11 others injured, police said.
The clashes took place Jan 14 between members of two communities in Kotadi in Pratapgarh district, some 300 km from Jaipur.
"We had clamped curfew in the village following the tension. For the first time after violence, we relaxed curfew for four hours today (Friday) afternoon," a police officer said.
The clashes were triggered following a verbal spat between members of two communities.
"They indulged in firing and arson. Three people were shot dead," the officer said.
The tension spread to nearby villages and over a dozen houses were set ablaze by rioters. Six people have been arrested for their involvement in riots.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS