Custodial death in Bharatpur, SHO suspended
Jaipur: A kidnapping and rape accused allegedly committed suicide in a police station in Bharatpur district prompting police authorities to suspend the SHO.
A judicial enquiry has been ordered into the incident which occurred yesterday in Deeg police station, additional SP Bharatpur, Satyendra Singh said.
"Pappi alias Vinod (28) was arrested yesterday and was in lockup in Kotwali police station where he hanged himself by a towel," he said.
"SHO Hira Lal was suspended and other staffers were shunted to police lines late last night," he said, adding, postmortem of the body has been conducted.
Vinod had been accused of kidnapping and rape by a girl recently and was arrested yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi