Custodial death in Bharatpur, SHO suspended
Jaipur: A kidnapping and rape accused allegedly committed suicide in a police station in Bharatpur district prompting police authorities to suspend the SHO.
A judicial enquiry has been ordered into the incident which occurred yesterday in Deeg police station, additional SP Bharatpur, Satyendra Singh said.
"Pappi alias Vinod (28) was arrested yesterday and was in lockup in Kotwali police station where he hanged himself by a towel," he said.
"SHO Hira Lal was suspended and other staffers were shunted to police lines late last night," he said, adding, postmortem of the body has been conducted.
Vinod had been accused of kidnapping and rape by a girl recently and was arrested yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka