Custodial death in Bharatpur, SHO suspended
Jaipur: A kidnapping and rape accused allegedly committed suicide in a police station in Bharatpur district prompting police authorities to suspend the SHO.
A judicial enquiry has been ordered into the incident which occurred yesterday in Deeg police station, additional SP Bharatpur, Satyendra Singh said.
"Pappi alias Vinod (28) was arrested yesterday and was in lockup in Kotwali police station where he hanged himself by a towel," he said.
"SHO Hira Lal was suspended and other staffers were shunted to police lines late last night," he said, adding, postmortem of the body has been conducted.
Vinod had been accused of kidnapping and rape by a girl recently and was arrested yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened