DA case: Rajasthan ACB raids 5 locations
Kota: Anti-corruption bureau officials have raided five locations here in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case involving a senior clerk of Urban Improvement Trust (UIT) office, an agency official said on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of ACB officials carried out raids yesterday at the five locations, owned by the clerk identified as Tarachand Singhal, during which they recovered cash worth over Rs two lakh from his residence, Additional SP, ACB, Kota Devendra Kumar Sharma said.
ACB had been receiving secret inputs that Singhal had amassed huge wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income, Sharma said.
Lockers and bank accounts of the clerk are still to be examined, he said, adding that further probes are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing