Dacoit Ramesh Gujjar shot dead by police in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Notorious dacoit Ramesh Gujjar,
wanted in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, was on Saturday shot dead by
police in Dholpur district.
A sub-inspector was also injured in the exchange of
fire which took place this morning between the police and
Gujjar`s gang in Bari area of the district, 208 kms from here.
"Ramesh Gujjar was camping along with around six
accomplices near canal area. A police party raided the area to
nab them, but the criminals opened fire," Superintendent of
Police, Dholpur, Surendra Kumar said.
Gujjar, 42, was shot dead by police. However, his
accomplices escaped, he said, adding a manhunt was on to nab
Sub-Inspector Deepak Ojha posted with Basaidang
police station suffered a bullet injury in his left leg and
was hospitalised, the SP said, adding, his condition was
stated to be out of danger.
Gujjar is wanted in 14 cases of dacoity, murder and
kidnapping for extortion and was carrying a cash reward of Rs.
4,000 on his head in Rajasthan. Madhya Pradesh government too
had also announced a reward of Rs 5,000.
"The notorious criminal allegedly murdered seven
people including three on January one this year," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites