Dalit lover lynched in Rajasthan
Hanumangarh: A 25-year-old dalit youth was tied to a tree and then beaten to death with iron rods and sticks in Rajasthan`s Hanumangarh district, police said on Monday, describing the alleged lynching as a dishonour killing.
The police, who have arrested three brothers of a woman who had an affair with the youth, said the accused considered the alleged relations as besmirching their honour and killed the youth.
The incident is said to have taken place on Sunday at Dholipal village of the district, some 400 km from state capital Jaipur.
"The deceased, Prahlad alias Bablu, had eloped with a woman three months ago. The woman was married and had disputes with her husband. Recently the couple returned," a senior police officer said.
He added that the woman`s three brothers, Sandeep, Pintu and Devendra, tied him to a tree and started beating him with sticks and iron rods in full public view.
"Considering him dead after he fell unconscious, the three escaped from the village," said the officer.
The police arrived at the spot on information from some villagers and rushed Bablu to a hospital but he succumbed to his injuries on the way.
"In his brief dying statement, he identified the three men," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail