Dara case: Court frames charges against 10 accused
Jaipur: A court here has framed charges against 10 accused, including an IPS officer, involved in the alleged fake encounter case of Dara Singh.
Nine accused policemen including A Ponnuchamy (IPS), Satyanarayan Godara, Nisar Khan, Naresh Sharma, Surendra Singh, Subhash Godara, Jagram, Badri Prasad and Sardar Singh were charged with criminal conspiracy, murder and kidnapping for murder in the court of district judge Kamal Sahay Bhatnagar yesterday.
However, the court dropped most of the charges levelled against duty officer Munshi Ram and released him on bail. Ram was accused of making wrong entries in the records of special operation group.
The court has not framed charges against six absconding accused including senior IPS officer AK Jain.
Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from Churu district, was killed in an encounter by the Special Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police in October 2006.
On the plea of his wife Sushila Devi that her husband was murdered in cold blood, the Supreme Court had directed the CBI to investigate the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi