Dara case: Court frames charges against 10 accused
Jaipur: A court here has framed charges against 10 accused, including an IPS officer, involved in the alleged fake encounter case of Dara Singh.
Nine accused policemen including A Ponnuchamy (IPS), Satyanarayan Godara, Nisar Khan, Naresh Sharma, Surendra Singh, Subhash Godara, Jagram, Badri Prasad and Sardar Singh were charged with criminal conspiracy, murder and kidnapping for murder in the court of district judge Kamal Sahay Bhatnagar yesterday.
However, the court dropped most of the charges levelled against duty officer Munshi Ram and released him on bail. Ram was accused of making wrong entries in the records of special operation group.
The court has not framed charges against six absconding accused including senior IPS officer AK Jain.
Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from Churu district, was killed in an encounter by the Special Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police in October 2006.
On the plea of his wife Sushila Devi that her husband was murdered in cold blood, the Supreme Court had directed the CBI to investigate the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail