Dara case: Court frames charges against 10 accused
Jaipur: A court here has framed charges against 10 accused, including an IPS officer, involved in the alleged fake encounter case of Dara Singh.
Nine accused policemen including A Ponnuchamy (IPS), Satyanarayan Godara, Nisar Khan, Naresh Sharma, Surendra Singh, Subhash Godara, Jagram, Badri Prasad and Sardar Singh were charged with criminal conspiracy, murder and kidnapping for murder in the court of district judge Kamal Sahay Bhatnagar yesterday.
However, the court dropped most of the charges levelled against duty officer Munshi Ram and released him on bail. Ram was accused of making wrong entries in the records of special operation group.
The court has not framed charges against six absconding accused including senior IPS officer AK Jain.
Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from Churu district, was killed in an encounter by the Special Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police in October 2006.
On the plea of his wife Sushila Devi that her husband was murdered in cold blood, the Supreme Court had directed the CBI to investigate the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know