Dara case: HC rejects bail pleas of 3 police officials
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday rejected the bail pleas of suspended ADGP A K Jain, ASP Arshad Ali and Inspector Naresh Sharma in the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
Rejecting the bail pleas of the three police officials, a single judge bench of Justice Ajay Rastogi observed that the Supreme Court had held that fake encounters are cold-blooded, and bail in such cases should be sparingly given.
"On the basis of prosecution material, which was collected during investigation this cannot be ruled out that Dara Singh was abducted during day time and was killed in a fake encounter," the court said.
The court said it is a serious case where prima facie the police officials and staff members were involved in the fake encounter of Dara Singh.
Dara Singh, a liquor smuggler from Churu district, was allegedly gunned down by the Special Operations Group personnel of the Rajasthan Police on the outskirts of Jaipur in October 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India