Dara case: HC rejects bail pleas of 3 police officials
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday rejected the bail pleas of suspended ADGP A K Jain, ASP Arshad Ali and Inspector Naresh Sharma in the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
Rejecting the bail pleas of the three police officials, a single judge bench of Justice Ajay Rastogi observed that the Supreme Court had held that fake encounters are cold-blooded, and bail in such cases should be sparingly given.
"On the basis of prosecution material, which was collected during investigation this cannot be ruled out that Dara Singh was abducted during day time and was killed in a fake encounter," the court said.
The court said it is a serious case where prima facie the police officials and staff members were involved in the fake encounter of Dara Singh.
Dara Singh, a liquor smuggler from Churu district, was allegedly gunned down by the Special Operations Group personnel of the Rajasthan Police on the outskirts of Jaipur in October 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt