Dara encounter case: One more police official surrendered
Jaipur: One more absconding police official wanted in the 2006 Dara Singh fake encounter case on Tuesday surrendered before a court here.
Inspector Zulfikar Ali surrendered before a sessions court, which remanded him in judicial custody till August 3.
The surrender comes a day after two police officials, Rajesh Choudhary, the circle inspector at the time of the incident, and ASI Arvind Bharadwaj surrendered before the court.
The Supreme Court had summoned the CBI joint director to explain the probe agency`s failure to nab the absconding policemen.
The apex court had also expressed its unhappiness with the state government for not suspending the absconding police officials.
Dara Singh, a local liquor smuggler, was allegedly killed in a fake encounter on October 23, 2006. According to the charge sheet filed by the CBI, Singh was allegedly detained illegally by officials of a Special Operations Group, who took him to an isolated place near Amber and killed him.
The matter is being monitored by the Supreme Court on a petition filed by Sunita Devi, Singh`s wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi