Dara encounter case: One more police official surrendered
Jaipur: One more absconding police official wanted in the 2006 Dara Singh fake encounter case on Tuesday surrendered before a court here.
Inspector Zulfikar Ali surrendered before a sessions court, which remanded him in judicial custody till August 3.
The surrender comes a day after two police officials, Rajesh Choudhary, the circle inspector at the time of the incident, and ASI Arvind Bharadwaj surrendered before the court.
The Supreme Court had summoned the CBI joint director to explain the probe agency`s failure to nab the absconding policemen.
The apex court had also expressed its unhappiness with the state government for not suspending the absconding police officials.
Dara Singh, a local liquor smuggler, was allegedly killed in a fake encounter on October 23, 2006. According to the charge sheet filed by the CBI, Singh was allegedly detained illegally by officials of a Special Operations Group, who took him to an isolated place near Amber and killed him.
The matter is being monitored by the Supreme Court on a petition filed by Sunita Devi, Singh`s wife.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living