Dara encounter case: One more police official surrendered
Jaipur: One more absconding police official wanted in the 2006 Dara Singh fake encounter case on Tuesday surrendered before a court here.
Inspector Zulfikar Ali surrendered before a sessions court, which remanded him in judicial custody till August 3.
The surrender comes a day after two police officials, Rajesh Choudhary, the circle inspector at the time of the incident, and ASI Arvind Bharadwaj surrendered before the court.
The Supreme Court had summoned the CBI joint director to explain the probe agency`s failure to nab the absconding policemen.
The apex court had also expressed its unhappiness with the state government for not suspending the absconding police officials.
Dara Singh, a local liquor smuggler, was allegedly killed in a fake encounter on October 23, 2006. According to the charge sheet filed by the CBI, Singh was allegedly detained illegally by officials of a Special Operations Group, who took him to an isolated place near Amber and killed him.
The matter is being monitored by the Supreme Court on a petition filed by Sunita Devi, Singh`s wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’