Dara encounter: Court orders seizure of bank a/c
Jaipur: A local court has asked CBI to seize
bank accounts of AK Jain, suspended senior IPS officer who has
been evading arrest in the alleged fake encounter of a
criminal Dara Singh in 2006.
The CBI court issued orders yesterday.
On August 16, Jain had approached Rajasthan High Court
through his counsel for anticipatory bail but it was rejected.
Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from Churu district, was
killed in an encounter by the Special Operations Group (SOG)
of Rajasthan Police in October 2006 in Jaipur.
His family alleged that the encounter was staged. On
their plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the case to the
CBI in April 2010.
In its charge sheet, the CBI has named 16 policemen,
including two senior IPS officers -- A K Jain and A
Ten persons, including IPS officer A Ponnychamy have been
arrested so far, while six accused including A K Jain, who was
then SOG head, are evading arrest.
The agency has said that Singh was taken into illegal
custody by the SOG officials, from Jaipur Airport and was
taken to a lonely place near Amber where he was kept hostage
till October 23, 2006 when he was killed in a planned manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling