Dara fake encounter case: Next hearing on July 18
Jaipur: A special CBI court on Monday posted
Dara Singh fake encounter case for further hearing on July 18.
Meanwhile, an application has been filed by the
defence alleging that Virender Jakhad, then SHO of Bajaj Nagar
in Jaipur, and Virender Kumar gave wrong statements regarding
the incriminating incidents and they should be punished for
The court will hear the application on July 18.
The counsels of the six arrested police officials had
on June 24 argued that there was no prima-facie evidence
proving that the encounter of Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from
Churu district, which took place on October 23, 2006, was a
Dara Singh was killed in an encounter by the Special
Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police in October 2006 in
Jaipur. His family alleged that the encounter was staged.
On their plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the
case to the CBI in April 2010. In its charge sheet, the CBI
has named 16 policemen, including two senior IPS officers.
The agency has said that Singh was taken into illegal
custody by the SOG officials, who have been named as accused,
from Jaipur Airport and was taken to a lonely place near Amber
where he was kept hostage till October 23, 2006 and killed in
a planned manner.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference