Dara fake encounter case: Next hearing on July 18
Jaipur: A special CBI court on Monday posted
Dara Singh fake encounter case for further hearing on July 18.
Meanwhile, an application has been filed by the
defence alleging that Virender Jakhad, then SHO of Bajaj Nagar
in Jaipur, and Virender Kumar gave wrong statements regarding
the incriminating incidents and they should be punished for
The court will hear the application on July 18.
The counsels of the six arrested police officials had
on June 24 argued that there was no prima-facie evidence
proving that the encounter of Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from
Churu district, which took place on October 23, 2006, was a
Dara Singh was killed in an encounter by the Special
Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police in October 2006 in
Jaipur. His family alleged that the encounter was staged.
On their plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the
case to the CBI in April 2010. In its charge sheet, the CBI
has named 16 policemen, including two senior IPS officers.
The agency has said that Singh was taken into illegal
custody by the SOG officials, who have been named as accused,
from Jaipur Airport and was taken to a lonely place near Amber
where he was kept hostage till October 23, 2006 and killed in
a planned manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back