Dara fake encounter case: Next hearing on July 18
Jaipur: A special CBI court on Monday posted
Dara Singh fake encounter case for further hearing on July 18.
Meanwhile, an application has been filed by the
defence alleging that Virender Jakhad, then SHO of Bajaj Nagar
in Jaipur, and Virender Kumar gave wrong statements regarding
the incriminating incidents and they should be punished for
The court will hear the application on July 18.
The counsels of the six arrested police officials had
on June 24 argued that there was no prima-facie evidence
proving that the encounter of Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from
Churu district, which took place on October 23, 2006, was a
Dara Singh was killed in an encounter by the Special
Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police in October 2006 in
Jaipur. His family alleged that the encounter was staged.
On their plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the
case to the CBI in April 2010. In its charge sheet, the CBI
has named 16 policemen, including two senior IPS officers.
The agency has said that Singh was taken into illegal
custody by the SOG officials, who have been named as accused,
from Jaipur Airport and was taken to a lonely place near Amber
where he was kept hostage till October 23, 2006 and killed in
a planned manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days