Dara fake encounter: Custody of accused extended till June 7
Jaipur: A CBI court on Thursday extended till June
7 the judicial custody of five policemen, including an IPS
officer, accused in the alleged fake encounter of criminal
The accused -- A Ponnuchamy (IPS), Inspectors Nisar Khan
and Naresh Sharma, Assistant Sub Inspector Surendra Singh and
Sub Inspector Satyanarayan Godarawere -- were produced before
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate M K Singhal, who extended
their judicial custody till June 7.
The CBI had arrested Ponnuchamy here on May 15 while the
other accused were arrested in March.
Meanwhile, the CBI is making efforts to nab two other
officers -- Additional DGP A K Jain and Additional SP Arshad
Ali -- allegedly involved in the case.
Jain had recently moved an application for anticipatory
bail through his lawyer in a local court and the matter will
be taken up on May 30.
Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from Churu district, was
killed in a police encounter in October 2006 in Jaipur.
Later, his family alleged that the encounter was staged.
On their plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the case to
the CBI in April 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test