Dara fake encounter: Custody of accused extended till June 7
Jaipur: A CBI court on Thursday extended till June
7 the judicial custody of five policemen, including an IPS
officer, accused in the alleged fake encounter of criminal
The accused -- A Ponnuchamy (IPS), Inspectors Nisar Khan
and Naresh Sharma, Assistant Sub Inspector Surendra Singh and
Sub Inspector Satyanarayan Godarawere -- were produced before
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate M K Singhal, who extended
their judicial custody till June 7.
The CBI had arrested Ponnuchamy here on May 15 while the
other accused were arrested in March.
Meanwhile, the CBI is making efforts to nab two other
officers -- Additional DGP A K Jain and Additional SP Arshad
Ali -- allegedly involved in the case.
Jain had recently moved an application for anticipatory
bail through his lawyer in a local court and the matter will
be taken up on May 30.
Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from Churu district, was
killed in a police encounter in October 2006 in Jaipur.
Later, his family alleged that the encounter was staged.
On their plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the case to
the CBI in April 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez