Dara Singh case: Policemen denied bail
Jaipur: A local court has rejected the bail plea of four police officers in connection with the killing of a criminal Dara Singh in an alleged fake encounter in 2006.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate MK Singhal rejected the bail plea of Naresh, Nisar Khan, Surendra and Satyanarayan yesterday.
Dara Singh was killed in an encounter by the Special Operation Group of Rajasthan Police in Jaipur. Singh`s widow had alleged that it was a fake encounter and on her plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the case to the CBI last year.
The CBI has named 16 policemen including two senior IPS officers AK Jain and A Ponnuchammi in the case.
While Ponnchammi is in judicial custody with five other accused, Jain and other accused are evading arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre