Dara Singh case: Policemen denied bail
Jaipur: A local court has rejected the bail plea of four police officers in connection with the killing of a criminal Dara Singh in an alleged fake encounter in 2006.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate MK Singhal rejected the bail plea of Naresh, Nisar Khan, Surendra and Satyanarayan yesterday.
Dara Singh was killed in an encounter by the Special Operation Group of Rajasthan Police in Jaipur. Singh`s widow had alleged that it was a fake encounter and on her plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the case to the CBI last year.
The CBI has named 16 policemen including two senior IPS officers AK Jain and A Ponnuchammi in the case.
While Ponnchammi is in judicial custody with five other accused, Jain and other accused are evading arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch