Dara Singh encounter: Accused IPS files bail plea
Jaipur: A special CBI court on Wednesday heard an
anticipatory bail plea moved by suspended senior IPS officer
A K Jain who has been evading arrest in the alleged fake
encounter of a criminal Dara Singh in 2006.
The court will hear the anticipatory bail plea of another
co-accused police official Arshad Ali on July 8.
Meanwhile an application has been moved by one of the
arrested police official Nisar Khan alleging that the CBI has
produced false evidence and wrong statements of the star
witnesses namely Devilal alias Debuda and one Vijyendra alias
Telia, a close aid of Dara Singh.
Dara Singh, a liquor mafia from Churu district, was
killed in an encounter by the Special Operations Group (SOG)
of Rajasthan Police in October 2006 in Jaipur.
His family alleged that the encounter was staged. On
their plea, the Supreme Court had handed over the case to
the CBI in April 2010.
In its charge sheet, the CBI has named 16 policemen,
including two senior IPS officers -- A K Jain and A
The agency has said that Singh was taken into illegal
custody by the SOG officials, who have been named as accused,
from Jaipur Airport and was taken to a lonely place near Amber
where he was kept hostage till October 23, 2006 when he was
killed in a planned manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt