Dara Singh encounter: CBI court extends BJP MLA`s
Jaipur: A special CBI court on Monday extended judicial custody of former Rajasthan minister and BJP MLA Rajendra S Rathore till April 24 in the Dara Singh fake encounter case and reserved its ruling on taking cognisance of the charge-sheet against him.
A detailed arguments for three hours were made by the BJP legislator`s counsel before the CBI court here.
Rathore also spoke with the permission of the court and alleged that he was being implicated falsely in the case at the behest of the Congress government.
He claimed that he was not even remotely concerned with Dara Singh, who was allegedly killed by special operation group on the outskirts of Jaipur on October 23, 2006.
He said he is innocent and the court must do justice with him.
He also brought to the notice of the court that despite its order, he has not been provided amenities like bed, bed-sheets, pillows, fan and home-made food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her