Dara Singh encounter: CBI court extends BJP MLA`s
Jaipur: A special CBI court on Monday extended judicial custody of former Rajasthan minister and BJP MLA Rajendra S Rathore till April 24 in the Dara Singh fake encounter case and reserved its ruling on taking cognisance of the charge-sheet against him.
A detailed arguments for three hours were made by the BJP legislator`s counsel before the CBI court here.
Rathore also spoke with the permission of the court and alleged that he was being implicated falsely in the case at the behest of the Congress government.
He claimed that he was not even remotely concerned with Dara Singh, who was allegedly killed by special operation group on the outskirts of Jaipur on October 23, 2006.
He said he is innocent and the court must do justice with him.
He also brought to the notice of the court that despite its order, he has not been provided amenities like bed, bed-sheets, pillows, fan and home-made food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das